Supporting charities to change lives
We work with charities who make grants to support individuals and their families to enable them to lead independent, healthy and fulfilling lives. Our charity clients look to us to help in a variety of ways depending on the needs and goals of the charity and their beneficiaries.
Some charities are looking to assess and provide long term support for individuals, others need us to assess high volumes of grant applications, from simple living aids to major home adaptations, ensuring funds are being used appropriately and effectively. An Occupational Therapy assessment will provide the reassurance of an expert assessment of the holistic needs and risks before making recommendations. We ensure not just immediate needs or equipment/adaptation requests are met, we will account for likely future needs and other factors that may effect the appropriateness or longevity of costly items of equipment and adaptations.
For our charities that make regular referrals to us we will discuss the types of referrals they will be making to ensure we tailor the scope of service accordingly. From over a decade of working closely with charities we have found that generally we see four categories of referrals made to us:
- Fixed scope assessments for a simple item(s) of equipment such as an electric scooter
- More holistic assessments with recommendation that may include multiple equipment items and/or home adaptations
- Assessments for more complex cases with people who have complex and ongoing needs
- Support for children with special needs struggling to access EHCP assessments and ongoing provision
We tailor the service to the requirement of the charity to ensure costs are tightly controlled and are relative to the scope of what is required, maximising the use of funds. There is rarely a “one size fits all”, and with our experience of delivering thousands of OT assessments for charities each year, we believe we are well place to help provide guidance on the best and most cost effective approach for introducing Occupational Therapy as essential component to the support you offer your beneficiaries.
A key goal for us, particularly for our charity customers, is to provide exceptional value. With our nationwide team of over 300 Occupational Therapists we are uniquely positioned to work with any charity regardless of whether they have a localised or nationwide demographic. In over 90% of cases travel is included with no extra charge and within the standard cost of the assessment because of the excellent coverage we have across the UK.
One element that is common to all our charity customers is, no matter how large or small or how many referrals they make, they will have an office based manager overseeing their cases as a primary point of contact. Additionally, if we think that an OT assessment is not the right next step or the most effective use of funds, we will say so and do what we can point you in the right direction.
Why The OT Practice?
We understand the importance of prompt, reliable and high quality care. Here are some reasons why your organisation and beneficiaries are in safe hands with us:
- Simple, transparent, fixed fees.
- An office-based manager as a single point of contact to manage your referrals
- A timely service, with no waiting lists
- A straightforward online quotation and referral system for one-off cases
- Bespoke agreements for larger volumes of ongoing referrals
- The largest nationwide network of private occupational therapists in the UK, ensuring we are able to provide expert therapists covering all clinical specialisms who are also local to your clients
- A strict selection, interview, registration & checks process for OT Practice therapists to guarantee the highest standard of care
- Insured for claims up to £10 million
- Clear timescales for delivery of assessment and report services
- We have specialist adult and paediatric therapy teams
- All reports are checked by our quality assurance teams with clinical oversight
- Bespoke case management systems ensuring quality and service levels are maintain regardless of volume
- Strict data protection and information governance processes and policies