What is seating & postural management?
Seating & postural management describes the way in which our bodies are positioned and managed both when we are awake and asleep. There are numerous benefits to correct positioning in seating or lying including: effective digestion, respiratory function, comfort and pressure relief. For some, advice on correct postural management may involve sourcing the correct chair for use in the daytime, for others with more complex needs, it may require a full review of their 24 hour support including optimum night time positioning.
We aim to provide practical, cost effective and timely seating & postural advice to clients in their own homes or other settings to maximise comfort and independence.
Our collaborative approach ensures that we find the most suitable solution for the client based on their clinical needs, environmental considerations and goals for their seating or positioning. We will conduct a thorough assessment after which we can advise on the next steps, which maybe for example, trials of equipment for more complex needs or the recommendation of the most suitable product for purchase.
Why use The OT Practice to provide seating & postural management services?
- We provide advice from the moment you first call us. Our seating & postural management enquiries are answered by a member of our client management team who will be able to provide relevant information about our service, answer any questions you may have and provide guidance on next steps.
- Using us allows rapid access to expert occupational therapy seating & postural management advice avoiding long NHS or Social Service waiting lists.
- We have a nationwide team of expert seating & postural management occupational therapists and will select the best therapist based on location and clinical need.
- Our packages of care are provided into clients' own homes meaning that advice is realistic based on the environment and resources available.
- We have established relationships with experienced seating companies to provide support with wheelchair, chair or other equipment trials or purchase.
- We provide an all inclusive cost to ensure that our services are fully transparent from the start.