What is functional rehabilitation?
We refer to functional rehabilitation as the process of working towards returning to an individuals maximum level of independence in the activities that are important to them. A person’s priority of their functional activities are as varied as the individual to whom they apply. For example some people will wish to focus on restoring their ability to live in their home independently with activities such as bathing and preparing meals. Whereas others will be looking to restore function in getting back to the gym, college or community activities.
Through a collaborative assessment process our OT and the client will identify the areas of functional difficulty in day to day life to focus a rehabilitation programme on. This can be focusing on one activity for a short period of time such as bathing or it may be a more comprehensive programme to ensure that maximum levels of independence are reached across all areas of day to day life.
We aim to provide relevant, timely, goal orientated rehabilitation programmes to clients in their own homes and communities. Our collaborative approach with the client at the centre involves working with other professionals (case managers, therapists) family members and carers to ensure rehabilitation is focused on making a practical improvements. Our aim is to help clients and their families to become as independent as possible, as soon as possible, through result driven occupational therapy delivered by expert therapists.
Why use The OT Practice to provide functional rehabilitation?
- We believe that our role is to equip clients with the skills needed to become as independent as possible in their every day life, ultimately independent of and not dependent upon, the help we provide.
- We provide expert advice from the moment you first call us. Our functional rehabilitation enquiries are answered by a member of our client management team who will be able to provide relevant information about our service, answer any questions you may have and provide guidance on next steps.
- Using us allows rapid access to expert occupational therapy rehabilitation services avoiding long NHS or Social Service waiting lists.
- We have a nationwide team of rehabilitation OTs and will select the best therapist based on location and clinical need.
- Our packages of care are provided into client’s own homes meaning that advice is realistic based on the environment and resources available.
- We provide an all inclusive cost to ensure that our services are fully transparent from the start.