What is hand therapy?
Hand therapy is a highly specialised branch of occupational therapy and physiotherapy. It takes many years to develop the skills needed to be an expert hand therapist and we are proud to have some of the country’s leading hand therapists on our team.
A hand therapist assesses and treats the hand and upper limb to effectively reduce pain, inflammation and scaring and maximise independence.
From supplying aids for day-to-day living, or splints which allow your hand to rest in comfort, to exercises that increase flexibility and range of motion in the joints, every client is given a thorough, individualised home assessment and treatment programme.
We aim to provide relevant, timely, goal orientated hand therapy treatment and rehabilitation programmes to clients in their own homes. Our collaborative approach, with the client at the centre, ensures the client receives the highest level of clinical care, training and support to empower them to manage their own hand therapy rehabilitation with professional support. Our aim is to help clients to become as independent as possible, as soon as possible, through result driven occupational therapy delivered by expert therapists.
Why use The OT Practice to provide hand therapy?
- We believe that our role is to equip clients with the skills needed to become as independent as possible in their every day life, ultimately independent of and not dependent upon, the help we provide.
- We provide expert advice from the moment you first call us. Our hand therapy enquiries are answered by our office based, experienced occupational therapists who provide a free consultation to ensure we are the right service for you, your client or family member.
- Using us allows rapid access to expert hand therapy rehabilitation services avoiding long NHS or Social Service waiting lists.
- We have a nationwide team of expert hand therapists and will select the best therapist for you based on your location and clinical need.
- Our packages of care are provided into client’s own homes meaning that advice is realistic based on the environment and resources available.
- We provide splinting assessment and casting at a client's own home through our mobile splinting service avoiding the need to arrange transport to specialist clinics.
- We provide an all inclusive cost to ensure that our services are fully transparent from the start.